Turning Your Bathroom Into A Spa
Are you looking to create a gorgeous spa in your bathroom? First you will want to choose a bathtub that you can relax in. This is your spa zone!
- Plan all aspects of the project. Measure the dimensions of your existing bathtub. Proper measurement will ensure that you choose the correct products needed to remodel your bathroom. Make sure to purchase and replace existing tiles that may become damaged or install a solid-surface tub surround.
- Remove the existing bathtub.
- Prep the location for the new bathtub.
- Unscrew and remove the overflow cover plate, including any attached drain assembly.
- Disconnect the drain, strainer and flange using a screwdriver and a strainer wrench. Remove any anchoring screws or nails that are securing the tub flange to wall studs.
- Make sure to replace any damaged plywood or floor covering.
- Dry fit the overflow tube and shoe while the tub is resting on its side.
- Assemble the drain unit and permanently attach it to the new tub per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Move the tub into proper position and, with the assistance of a helper, tilt, lift, slide and lower the tub into place.
- Level and attach the tub to the existing wall studs per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Connect the drain line and confirm that there aren’t any leaks by running water into the tub, removing the stopper and checking the drain line for wetness.
- Seal the floor-meets-tub seam with a heavy bead of silicone or tile caulk.
- Install new faucet handles, if necessary.
- Replace the missing wall surface by installing a new tub surround or tile. Seal the wall-meets-tub seam with a heavy bead of silicone or tile caulk.
Your final step…fill your new tub with water, relax and enjoy this piece of heaven in your bathroom. Need a new luxurious bathtub? Contact Plumbtile today!