Things to Remember When Choosing a New Shower
If you’re remodeling or creating a new bathroom, it’s important to take the time to consider all the shower options available, including the fixtures. You can change the look and feel of your bathroom with the design of your new shower. Make sure you feel good about your choice and that it fits all your needs and is beautiful and functional.
Consider all the options when making the choice for your new shower and focus on your family’s needs. Keep in mind how your family will use your new shower and fixtures. Have fun and enjoy the process but think about the following when you’re making your decision:
- Make sure you choose one that allows for ease of mobility and offers grab bars and other accessible features if necessary. Choose low threshold openings for easy entrance and roll-in thresholds for enhanced access and usability for wheelchairs.
- Remember the flooring and that it becomes slippery when wet and choose appropriately. There are many types of flooring to choose from, including non-slip tile for extra safety.
- The size of your bathroom may limit your options, but showers come in a variety of shapes and sizes. There are seamless or sectional showers that are attractive and durable. If you have limited floor space, you might want to go with a tub-shower combination.
- You might want to incorporate hydrotherapy into your shower experience. Options are available that will can show you water temperature, create steam, and overall pamper yourself. Remember that hydrotherapy helps to increase circulation, encourage blood flow, aid in muscle contractions and overall aches and pains.
- Consider your budget when making choices as well and you’ll find that there are materials that offer a high-end look at an affordable price available. There are products available that offer exceptional durability, luster, and patterns to fit your aesthetic needs.
- The right shower fixtures will enhance your overall shower experience. Showerheads are available and offer a wide variety of ways to pour down water on you and give you more or less of a water flow.
When all is said and done, you have to feel good about your choices. Who wouldn’t want to love their new shower and have it look its best? It’s your bathroom after all, so make it your own!