Make a Small Bathroom Feel Comfier
Bathrooms are a huge part of the house, so if you have a bathroom that is too small for comfort, it can be quite the downer. The good news is that there are tons of ways to redo your small bathroom to make it seem less cramped. Listed below are 10 small bathroom design ideas that will help you find inspiration to combine DIY fixes, bold paint colors, and pretty decorating details.
- Go Big: An advantage of a small bathroom? Small prices. Since the space is usually so small, you can get away with using higher priced materials as you need so little of them.
- Make Built-In Storage Part of the Design: To maximize storage space in a small bathroom, use custom floor-to-ceiling built-in shelfing for storing bath-time necessities.
- Kick Up the Color: Sometimes all you need to make a big statement in a small bathroom is a bold coat of paint. Sometimes bathrooms will receive no natural light, so a bold colored wall will give it a fresh personality. Try using an ultra-white floor and wainscoting to counterbalance the color’s intensity.
- Give an Illusion with Glass: Glass shower enclosures give the illusion of space in a small bathroom by allowing you to see from one end of the room to the other.
- Indulge your Vanity: the vanity is typically the only piece of furniture in a small bath, so it should make a huge impact. Furniture-styled vanities have been popular for quite a while and this timeless look is still going strong. There are many pre-made versions available to ou can make you own with basic woodworking skills and an old buffet or dresser.
- Choose Small-Scale Fixtures: Selecting compact, sculptural fixtures to maximize floor space will make your small bathroom look bigger.
- Add Floating Storage: A floating vanity takes up less visual space without compromising style. A pocket door, instead of a standard swinging door, lends privacy to the bathroom while freeing up floor space.
- Make Organizing Fun: Make stashing your stuff a little more fun by adding an unexpected splash of color to the inside of your vanity using paint or just a brightly colored adhesive paper.
- Declutter Countertops: Store makeup, prescription items and any personal grooming tools out of sight. Style your countertop with fresh flowers and sweet-smelling lotion or soap.
- Add Style Underfoot: the lack of square footage is a good thing when it comes to purchasing new flooring. Even a pricey pick won’t set your budget back too much.