Easy Steps To Tile Your Bathroom Floor
Is it time for a new bathroom floor? You might be thinking laying tile is a complicated task. But if you follow these easy steps, you will find that laying tile is a DIY project you can do! Your first step should be is to stop by Plumbtile’s tile section and pick the tile that will bring a whole new look to your bathroom. We have a large variety of tiles to choose from.
To tile a bathroom floor, you will need the following materials:
- A notched trowel
- Tile adhesive
- A grout float
- A sponge
- A bucket of clean water
- A utility knife
- A level
Here is a step-by-step guide to tiling a bathroom floor:
- Make sure the subfloor is clean, dry, and level. If necessary, use a self-leveling compound to create a smooth, even surface.
- Measure the floor and calculate how many tiles you will need, allowing for a small amount of waste.
- Mix the tile adhesive according to the manufacturer’s instructions, using a notched trowel to apply it to the floor.
- Starting at the center of the room, lay the tiles in a straight line, using a level to ensure that they are evenly spaced and aligned.
- Continue laying the tiles, working outward from the center of the room, and making sure that the tiles are butted tightly together without any gaps.
- Use a utility knife to cut tiles as needed to fit around fixtures and corners.
- Let the adhesive dry according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Mix the grout according to the manufacturer’s instructions, using a grout float to apply it to the joints between the tiles.
- Use a damp sponge to remove any excess grout and smooth the joints.
- Let the grout dry according to the manufacturer’s instructions, then buff the tiles with a clean, dry cloth to remove any remaining grout haze.
That’s it! By following these steps, you should be able to tile a bathroom floor successfully. Don’t forget you can always contact one of our Sales Experts so they can answer any questions you might have or to help you pick out the tile that you are looking for.